The Pink Wall Vol.2 | Denim-Jacket Convert


There's that pink wall again.

In a previous style post - The Pink Wall | Double Denim & Check - I mentioned how up until now, I'd avoided denim jackets. They either didn't suit me, I had no interest in getting one or I couldn't find the right one when I did go looking for one. However, I found a gorgeous blue denim number from H&M with a faux fur collar,  and since grabbing it in the Black Friday sale, I've worn it to death already. I've started to love wearing denim jackets, so naturally, I bought another.

I'm really into bold colour recently, whether its having a single pop of colour, or clashing bright ones together through colour-blocking. I saw this incredible yellow denim jacket with a cream faux fur collar on the ASOS 70% off January sale, and considering I had enough A-List points for an extra £5 off, I decided to go for it. 

I'm no stranger to a statement jacket - my faux fur leopard print coat from Zara gets a lot of wear - however I felt like this one's a a step up. Despite this, I found that as soon as I got it, I knew it's going to be something that I'll wear a lot and can incorporate into my current wardrobe quite easily. I can mix it with monochrome pieces, blue denim and other bright colours for contrast. 



It's actually padded inside too so it's super warm - this makes it look a bit more bulky, but I dig the oversized-style so this doesn't bother me. The collar is also detachable, but I reckon I'll keep it on as I love the additional texture it gives to the look. The symbols on the back are also textured and add something a bit different - I'm not sure whether it actually says something, if it translates to something cringey like 'Swag', please don't let me know, lol. Either way, whether it's letters, symbols or just squiggles, it's a cool detail that adds interest.

I decided to wear the jacket with my favourite Topshop Mom Jeans, a long-sleeve striped top from Monki, and some white trainers from Zara, keeping it pretty simple. I really love how this all works together, but since it's first outing I've been a bit more experimental with colour, wearing it over my (also new - January sales are a killer) bubblegum pink jumper from Miss Selfridge, and I really love the colour clash.



I also think this could look great with red (note the red lip above) however I fear I may resemble Ronald McDonald in my attempt. ðŸ¤·‍♀️

No comments:

Post a Comment